Re: hay for drought stricken areas

I think the Texas Agriculture Extension Office is handling some of that.
We're in bad shape here.  I have sold 3/4 of my herd.  I went to the sale
last week just to watch and had to leave. It hurt too much to watch the
cow calf pairs getting split when you could tell they were someone's good
cattle that they just couldn't feed anymore.  The cows went to the
packers, and the auctioneer had to beg the crowd to take the calves at
$20/head.  Sickening.

Alice G. Kaspar       UTUTUTUTUTUT^^^^^^^^^^^^UTUTUTUTUTUT
kaspar@tenet.edu                < \  o    o  / >
TEXAS                              \       /
                                     [. .]