Re: Was it Dichlorvos?

In article <33619E1A.2206@SpamBeGone_worldnet.att.net>,
c.squared@SpamBeGone_worldnet.att.net wrote:

> I hope to reach extension agents, professors, professionals or anyone
> else out there who can help with this elusive question. Perhaps there is
> someone out there with archived information, news clippings or history
> about a chemical used about twenty-five years ago.
>
> I am looking for any information you can provide on *Shell* No-Pest
> strips. They went off the market in the late '60's or early '70's (?).
> They may have been produced by Shell Oil before Shell Chemical spun off
> as a subsidiary. The Shell logo was prominently displayed on the
> product, and is not to be confused with the No-Pest strips often used
> today for reptile mites, although it may contain a similar formulation.

<snip>

The California Deaprtment of Pesticide Regulation (for which I work) has a
Web site you where you can query our databases about active ingredients,
brand names, and other pesticide product information.  You can get
information about products no longer registered, as well as currently
registered stiff.  I did a quick query on No-pest strip and got 6
products--5 inactive and 1 active.  I chose one of the inactives at random
and found that the ingredient was DDVP.  I then did a query on DDVP and
found that dichlorvos is a synonym.  When you look at the information about
the product you'll see the name of a real person you can contact for more
information. Try http://www.cdpr.ca.gov and follow the database links.
Hope this helps!
--
Kathy Brunetti
The "From" address is a fake, courtesy of my ISP.  Here's a real