Re: Roundup information

Mark Forhan,forhan@mbnet.mb.ca,Internet writes:
>I believe in sustainable agriculture which by definition would involve
>reduced and careful usage of man made organic compounds.

Now there is the biggest contradiction I have seen for a while.
How can the use of 'man made organic compounds' produce
sustainable agriculture? Sustainable for who, the chemical
companies? I think you should check on just what 'sustainable'
means in this context.

>Of all the chemical (as opposed to  'organic') controls out there for
>weeds, I put it to you that Roundup is the lesser of the evils for large
>scale commercial weed control.

I am pleased that you see the use of Roundup as an evil, and IMHO
it is not a 'necessary' one at all.