Re: COMPOST Recipe Book

Cathy Morison wrote:

> Dear readers/gardeners/composters,
>
> I am hoping to compile a 'recipe book' containing as many individual
> recipes for making compost as possible.  I would love to hear from you
> with your contribution.  Please let me know in as much detail what your
> tried and tested method is, and your composting philosophies.
>
> I will compile the book and make it available electronically to whoever
> would like to receive a copy.  I have sent this message to rec.gardens;
> aus.gardens and alt.sustainable.agriculture.  Can you suggest any other
> newsgroups which may have a 'compost-oriented' audience.
>
> Anecdotes are appreciated, and each recipe with have an acknowledgement
> (unless you don't want one).
>
> Please reply by email.  I would love to hear from you.
>
> Cathy Morison
> Michelago
> Australia
>
> cathy.morison@dpie.gov.au
Dear Cathy:) My compost is made primarily from weeds from the garden. A
compost bin is made by placing 4" round poles, which are about 3 meters
long log cabin style building up a bin about a meter high to start with.
	After getting a good layer of weeds I clean out the chicken house to
get a thin layer of hen manure. Then more weeds go in. Grass clippings,
or leaves are also welcome. Sometimes I will also put a handfull or so
of soil as an activator. Most of the cow and sheep manure is composted
seperately but that can only help the compost bin. So as time allows I
also add a little of thease other manures. Again the main ingredient is
plant matter.
			Great idea for posting... good luck  Will
			W.S.Huntington@ConnRiver.net