want to call the BBS and download it. The number is 503-843-4214.
There is another file called Outlooks.txt which discusses the
possibilities for production of herbs as a cash crop. There is
also a large archive of things herbal at ftp.sunsite.unc.edu
--
Trans-Pacific Nursery        Rare and Exotic Plants
Email catalog available      Timber Press books discounted

Article 2698 of alt.folklore.herbs:
Newsgroups: alt.folklore.herbs
From: saxmania@rci.ripco.com (Sax Therapy)
Subject: Re: GOOD HERB BOOKS?
Sender: usenet@rci.ripco.com (Net News Admin)
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 1994 02:57:26 GMT

  Gregory C. Brown (a10295@mindlink.bc.ca) wrote:
: >In article <2n08hu$sb4@netnews.upenn.edu>, anissel@sas.upenn.edu (Angela R
: >Nissel) writes:

: >Msg-ID: <2n08hu$sb4@netnews.upenn.edu>

: >Org.  : University of Pennsylvania

: >Hi, does anyone know of a good accurate herb dictionary?

I thought I would post this list of Herbal books that I have in my
collection as a reference to those who are interested.

COMMON AND UNCOMMON USES OF HERBS FOR HEALTHFUL LIVING
Richard Lucas
Parker Publishing 1969

NATURE'S MEDICINES: The Folklore, Romance,
 and Value of Herbal Remedies
Richard Lucas
Parker Publishing 9th prg 1970

MASTERING HERBALISM
Paul Huson
Stein & Day 1974

SECRETS OF THE CHINESE HERBALISTS
Richard Lucas
Parker Publishing 1977

CUNNINGHAM'S ENCYCLOPEDIA OF MAGICAL HERBS
Scott Cunningham
Llewellyn Publications 1992

HERBCRAFT:  A Compedium of Myths, Romance, and Commonsense
Violet Schafer
Yerba Buena Press 1971

USING PLANTS FOR HEALING
Nelson Coon
Rodale Press 1979

HERB MAGIC AND ITS ANCIENT ASPECTS
No author or publisher listed 1943

INDIAN DOCTOR: Nature's method of curing and
preventing disease according to the Indians
Nancy Locke Doane
Aerial Photography Services, Inc.

SCHOOL OF NATURAL HEALING
Dr. John R. Christopher
BiWorld Publishers 1979

JEANNE ROSE'S HERBAL BODY BOOK
Jeanne Rose
Grosset & Dunlap 1976

MYSTERIOUS HERBS & ROOTS: Ancient Secrets
 for Beautie, Health, Magick, Prevention and Youth
Mitzie Stuart Keller
Peace Press 1978

PROVEN HERBAL REMEDIES
John H. Tobe
Provoker Press 1969

BACK TO EDEN: Healing Herbs, Home Remedies, Diet & Health
Jethro Kloss
Longview Publishing 19th prtg 1969

KITCHEN MEDICINE
Ben Charles Harris
Barre Publishers 1968

THE WAY OF HERBS:Simple Remedies for Health and Healing
Michael Tierra, C.A., N.D.
Unity Press 1980
Pocket Books 1990

THE HERB BOOK
John Lust
Bantam Books 1974

HERBS & THINGS: A Compendium of practical and exotic herbal lore
Jeanne Rose
Grosset & Dunlap 1974

ILLUSTRATED PHYTOTHERAPY
Thos. Deschauer
Deschauer Publications 1945

OLD WAYS REDISCOVERED
Clarence Meyer
Meyerbooks, Publisher 1988

EDIBLE AND USEFUL WILD PLANTS of the United States and Canada
Charles Francis Saunders
Dover Publications 1974

HERBAL HIGHS a guide to natural & legal narcotics, psychedelics & stimulants
Mary Jane Superweed
Flash Transactions 1970

--

s a x m a n i a @ r c i . r i p c o . c o m  ----------------------------