[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Undergraduate Organic Farming?

Better late than never, here's a good resource for organizations and
institutions with programs in sustainable agriculture, including organic.

"Educational and Training Opportunities in Sustainable Agriculture"
is available in print, or at gopher and WWW sites, as described below.

Andy Clark

On 29 May 1996, Bill Duesing wrote:

> A young friend wants to attend a college where she can study agriculture with an
> emphasis on organic farming.  I can think of Warren Wilson, Hampshire, maybe
> Cornell? or U of New Hampshire? and think there must be others.
>
> Bill Duesing
> 71042.2023@compuserve.com.

The Alternative Farming Systems Information Center (AFSIC), at the
National Agricultural Library (NAL), produces "Educational and Training
Opportunities in Sustainable Agriculture", updated each fall.

If you know of a program that should be added to this resource, be sure
to contact AFSIC to have it included in the 1996 edition.

          Alternative Farming Systems Information Center

This and other similar publications (See the List of Information Products
at any of these sites) are available free of charge from:

WWW:    http://www.inform.umd.edu/EdRes/Topic/AgrEnv/AltFarm

  or    http://www.nal.usda.gov

          select Answers to Your Questions
          select Alternative Farming Systems Information Center

Gopher  gopher.nal.usda.gov
          select NAL Information Centers
          select Alternative Farming Systems Information Center

Orders for publications can be made by e-mail:   afsic@nal.usda.gov
                                       Phone :   (301) 504-6559
                                       FAX   :   (301) 504-6409

Snail-mail:

Alternative Farming Systems Information Center
National Agricultural Library
10301 Baltimore Boulevard
Beltsville, MD  20705-2351

There's a wealth of information available at these sites!

Andy Clark
SAN Coordinator
san@nal.usda.gov