[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Fwd: Gypsum Info Wanted- try microbials (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 02 Jun 1996 10:03:51 -0400
From: Troy Bogdan <troybogdan@usaor.net>
To: sustag@beta.tricity.wsu.edu
Subject: Fwd: Gypsum Info Wanted- try microbials (fwd)

>Subject: Re: Gypsum Info Wanted- try microbials
>
>Troy,
>
>There is a book titled "Science in Agriculture" By Arden Anderson that
>discusses
>issues with clay soils.  His suggestion, and a very good one at that, is to
>use
>microbials to increase activity in clay soils, and in fact change their
>makeup.
Note:

   I forgot to mention that I am currently using a microbial soil activator
called "Restore," made by Agrestore.  So far I have made one application of
all my fields this past March.

   Also, I forgot to mention that I am looking for mined Gypsum, not the
same Gypsum that is an industrial by-product (mostly from the
drywall/fiberboard industry I think).  Since my farm is certified organic,
we are not allowed to use anything other than pure mineral Gypsum, because
of the glues and other possible toxins in the residue.

   Thanks for all the responses so far,  Troy
--
                Troy Bogdan - Organic Farmer
                     Pure Earth Organic Farm