[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

organic beef and poultry

Dear Sir:
poultry, I suggest that you locate the following resources:

New Farm magazine May/June 94' "Get Ready For Organic Beef"
- This is a comprehensive look at organic beef. It discusses animal
husbandry, marketing , regulation etc...

ATTRA (Appropriate Technology Transfer for Rural Areas)
- This organization will respond to all questions and will also send out
free pre-prepared info packets. The info-packet titled "Sustainable Beef
Production" is 20+ pages and is very good.
 1-800-346-9140

Stockman Grass Farmer is the journal to subscribe to if you are
interested in rotational grazing. (Rotational grazing is the most cost
effect and ecological way to raise all ruminant animals.)
1-800-748-9808

Pastured Poultry Profits is a very comprehensive book describing Joel
Salatin's method of raising organic poultry. He uses portable cages which
are moved daily. His book can be ordered from the following address:
Joel Salatin
Polyface, INC.
Route 1, Box 281
Swoope, VA 24479

I hope this info is useful. Feel free to contact me.
                                   Joel Gruver