[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

New Tree Basics Book

-=> Note:
Copied (from: alt.agriculture.fruit) by Scott Parks using timEd.

From: treeman@pond.com (John A. Keslick Jr.)
Subject: New Tree Basics Book

         To whom it may concern:
Please, check out my organic tree web site.  Http://www.ccil.org/~treeman/
If it is down please try again later.
I just received your E-mail address.  I have some information pertaining to
trees and our environment.  I am sending it so that if it  can help or be of
interest then it  will be available.  Please link it if ya find it worthy.

I will donate a book, just ask ME. (To your school, church or municipality.)

        TREE BASICS the book

I have just finished donating 450 new books by DR. ALEX L. SHIGO at Shigo and

Trees, Associates, PO. BOX 769 DURHAM, NH 03824 USA, PHONE (603)-868-7459,
FAX
(603)-868-1045.  They title the book TREE BASICS and they gear this book for
sixth grade students and above.  I donated to the schools in my area.  One
book to each library sixth grade and above, and one to the science
coordinator.  I also donated the book to all the public libraries I came
across.  I have received some very pleasing letters back from some of these
people.

We need your help in getting this book out.  The cost at 100 is $1.90
each(just about at cost).  So please consider buying these books to donate to

your schools, municipalities, universities, and public libraries and
churches.
THE STATE OF UTAH IS PLACING THIS BOOK IN ALL SCHOOLS IN THE STATE!

Thanks for your help.

John A. Keslick Jr
E-Mail: treeman@locke.ccil.org
or 610-696-5353
//////////////////////

CAMB GUARDS
recycled rubber

We are offering a new product for trees that replaces the traditional method
of using wire in a hose to stake a tree.  We call the product CAMB GUARDS and

we make them from used tractor trailer inner tubes.  They are broad,
belt-like
and flexible and do allow the tree to sway while not hurting the bark.
Universities involved with the study of this product include  Cornell,  North

Carolina,  Kent,  Temple and others.  We will donate to Universities. For
more
information contact me JOHN A KESLICK, JR. at 610-696-5353 or E-mail at
"treeman@locke.ccil.org".  Home page http://www.ccil.org/~treeman/

John A. Keslick, Jr.
Professional Modern Arborist
& Tree Biologist

                  REFRENCES:1995

        Kent State University   2491 SR 45 South   Salem,   OH    44460
216-332-0361 ext.220
                  -------------------------------------
        Temple University, Dept. of Landsc. Arch./Hort.  580 Meetinghouse Rd.

 Ambler, PA  19002   215-283-1200
                  -------------------------------------
        Cornell University  Nina Bassuk Dept. of Floral Cult. & Hort. 20
Plant
Science  Ethica, NY`  14853   607-255-4586
                  -------------------------------------
        The New York Botanical Garden  Wayne Cahilly  Manager, Arboretum &
Grounds  200th Street and Southern Boulavard - Bronx,  New York   10458
                  -------------------------------------
        Morris Arboretum of the University of Pennsyvania.   Bill Graham,
9414 Meadowbrook Ave,  Phila,  Pa  19118    215-247-5777
		 -----------------------------------
Scott Arboritum  Jeff Jabco     Swarthmore       PA     610-328-8294
           -----------------------------------
DAVEY RESOURCE GROUP  Trevor F. Vidic   1500 North Mantua St.  Kent, Ohio
44240   216-673-9511

For additional information see:See- Dr. Richard W. Harris(Second   Edition)

   	     Arboriculture(1992)pg212.
                  "More information is needed on staking that protects trees
without unduly restricting top movement."
             ---------------------------------
                  See-Dr. Alex L. Shigo(world wide TREE PRUNING) (1989)
Pg116,117,118,174,175,177.
See-Dr. Alex L. Shigo(MODERN ARBORICULTURE)(1991)
Pg16,282,283,284,285,286,287,288,289.
             See-Dr. Alex L. Shigo(100 Tree       Myths(1993)Myth 10 pg 10;
Myth 11  pg10.
                 ----------------------------------
               Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences Dr. Anthony J.

Trewavas (Tree respon. to sudden loss  of branches that effects movement &
stabl. of remain. trunk.)	To see how movements stimulated proteins to
bond with calcium, thus strengthening cell walls.
1992/June
-----------------------------------
        	PLANTING TREES for communities(US                 Forest
Service)

     John A. Keslick Jr
     E-Mail: treeman@locke.ccil.org

John A. keslick Jr.              A BAG OF "FERTILIZER" (ELEMENTS),
Professional Modern Arborist     IS NOT FOOD FOR A TREE OR GRASS
& Tree Biologist                 THAT HAS CHLOROPHYLL.  NOR, IS IT
Phone: 610-696-5353              CHICKEN SOUP FOR A SICK TREE.
organic tree treatment web site: THE FOOD (ENERGY) COMES FROM
http://www.ccil.org/~treeman/    THE SUN!  Nitrogen is FOOD for the
>                                decay pathogen.