[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Hydro Ram pumps and Duckbill Ram pumps

I found some web sites with hydro ram pumps, but I seem to
recall something in Permaculture International a few years
back about a "duckbill" hydro ram pump.

My understanding of hydro rams are that they operate by
the fall of water (from a pond downwards), whereby the
ram pump can then push the water uphill.  It operates off the
force of gravity.

The duckbill, as I recall, will work in a streambed and function
off of the lateral movement of water.  Thus, you could place
a duckbill pump into a flowing steam and pump water uphill.

This is different from a regular ram pump whereby a drop in water
requires an elevation change and therefore the building of
a dam in a streambed to achieve a change in height.

A nearby remote watermelon/veggie patch in the Oklahoma Ozarks would
benefit from a duckbill and I need some info and a supplier.

Thanks!
Steve Diver
steved@ncatfyv.uark.edu