[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Hydro Ram pumps and Duckbill Ram pumps

An article in Cooperative Farmer (Southern States
cooperative), October-November 1993, featured the Rife Sling
Pump.  It fits the description of a duckbill pump that I
was looking for exactly.  Unfortunately, no address or
phone number was listed.

Selected text:

"In tests the Rife Sling Pump has lifted water up to 82
feet, or delivered water over a mile from a stream."

"It is completely mechanical and operates without
electricity or fuel.  The power to drive it is provided
by flowing water.  A wind-powered version is also
available."

"There is only one moving part, the swivel coupling, and it
is water-lubricated.  All parts are non-corrosive and
designed to withstand a high degree of stress. There is
virtually no maintenance."

"The sling pump is anchored with the supplied anchor wire to
a stake in the water.  The water flow rotates the pump body,
forcing air and water through the pump - via a swivel
coupling - into the feeder hose and from there either to an
intermediate storage tank or directly to the place of
consumption - in a pulsating flow.

"Water pumped by the sling pump can be used for household
needs, irrigation, ponds, and gardening.  It is especially
useful in aerating stock tanks and fish tanks since it pumps
half water and half air."

FYI, here are the web sites with Ram Pump info:

  http://www.grove.net/%7Eatlas/

  http://www.ecocentric.com/prof/eco/ram/html

  http://www.animatedsoftware.com/pumpglos/ram_pump.htm

  http://info.lut.ac.uk/departments/cv/wedc/papers/thomas2.html