RE: northern climate

Harald Wolf (allegra@islandnet.com)
Sat, 19 Apr 1997 22:29:27 -0700

Dear Xavier Dequaire,

Your E-mail of 17APR re northern climate was forwarded to me by a friend.

In case it is of interest, note a book written by me, published last year,
entitled "Bare Poles: Building design for high latitudes".

You can see something on this at my web site:

http://www.magic.ca/~strub/index.html

>From there you will see a link ("Carleton University Press") to the book at
the publisher's web site for more information on the book and how to order it.

Best wishes,

Harold Strub

----------
From: Xavier Dequaire[SMTP:xavierd@sn.no]
Sent: April 16, 1997 09:56 AM
To: permaculture@envirolink.org
Subject: northern climate

Any body with experience in design for nordic countries?

that is 60 degrees north,
short summers with long days
cold and dark winters with several month with frozen grounds,
I am in first place interested in plants as the vegetation is concerned
and energy solutions as the buildings are concerned.

I am in Norway, next to the fjord of Oslo.

yours

Xavier