Re: northern climate

Elfpermacl@aol.com
Sat, 19 Apr 1997 07:41:55 -0400 (EDT)

In a message dated 4/18/97 1:17:23 PM, Milogic@aol.com wrote:

>My friends in New Zealand are amazed that we can still spend hours outside
>without being heavily layered with sunblocks and covered up tight. They tell
>me that much more than half an hour leaves them pretty fried otherwise.
>
>Comments from down under?
>
>MIlo Clark
>Berkeley CA USA

When visiting ther from here in up/over in 1987, I learned that skin cancer
was already 100 X normal in the southernmost portions of the country.

Serious as this is to people who get it, it is not the main ecological
problem associated with increased UV penetration of the atmosphere.

For Mother Earth, Dan Hemenway, Yankee Permaculture Publications (since
1982), Elfin Permaculture workshops, lectures, Permaculture Design Courses,
consulting and permaculture designs (since 1981), and now correspondence
courses via email. Internships available. Copyright, 1997, Dan & Cynthia
Hemenway, P.O. Box 2052, Ocala FL 34478 USA YankeePerm@aol.com

We don't have time to rush.