The Permaculture Institute

Dan,

It's interesting to hear some feedback about the Permaculture Institute set
up by Scott and Bill.  My hunch is that they felt there was a need for a
national permaculture group, not to call the shots but rather to provide
information and help coordinate projects.

My wife, Inger, is the one they hired to incorporate the institute and
obtain non-profit status so we can tell you something about the way it's
set up.  BTW, the Permaculture Institute just received 501(c)3 status a
couple of weeks ago.

The following information is public.  The board is made up of Scott Pittman
- President, Bill Mollison - Vice President, Francis Huxley - Secretary /
Treasurer.

Its mission is:  to create, coordinate, further and fund endeavors that
will directly or indirectly aid in the establishment of ecologically and
economically sustainable agricultural and social systems, including but not
limited to the implementation of educational programs.

Do you think there should be a national permaculture organization?  There
could even be several of them.  Just because someone makes an organization
national in scope doesn't mean that it's the only one that can exist.

        KIRBY [@ Cross Timbers Permaculture Inst. on Lake Buchanan, TX;
512-756-7878; web address csf.colorado.edu/perma/]