reminder

I have added Holistic Management to the topic list for Permaculture as a
an expansion of tools for Permaculture and in recognition of the
possibilities of expanding the scope of Permaculture into broad acre
farming. Also the contribution that Holistic Management may make in the
sociological needs of Permaculture Communities.

Vic Guest.

of Western Australia (PAWA), formed for discussion and communication between
permaculturists in Western Australia (and other interested parties).

We welcome your input and we invite you to join us in encouraging people all
over the world to discover permaculture for themselves.  The following topic
list gives some idea of the wide range we attempt to cover ...

  Agricultural History     Alternative Economics  Bio-regionalism
  Community Aid            Community Building     Community Forestry
  Ecology                  Economic Regionalism   Energy
  Enviro Contamination     Enviro Education       Enviro Ethics
  Enviro Investment        Food Production        Green Business
  Healthy Cities           LETS                   Landscape Architecture
  Legislative Inititives   Ongoing Projects       Organics
  Pattern Language         Population Growth      Project Finance
  Recycling                Self-help              Sustainability
  Sustainable Agriculture  The Environment        Town Planning
  Urban Planning           Waste Management       Water Purification

                            Holistic Management

... but this list is by no means definitive.  Be imaginative!!
(topic list stolen shamelessly from Mike Smith <auhicmds@ibmmail.com> :-)

  A Definition Of Permaculture
  ----------------------------
  Permaculture ("Perma"nent agri"culture" and "Perma"nent "culture") is a
  sustainable design system stressing the harmonious interrelationship of
  humans, plants, animals and the Earth.  To paraphrase the founder of
  Permaculture, designer Bill Mollison:

     Permaculture principles focus on thoughtful designs for small-
     scale intensive systems which are labour efficient and which
     use biological resources instead of fossil fuels.  Designs
     stress ecological connections and closed energy and material
     loops.  The core of permaculture is design and the working
     relationships and connections between all things.  Each
     component in a system performs multiple functions, and each
     function is supported by many elements.  Key to efficient
     design is observation and replication of natural ecosystems,
     wh