SAED: Areol 8 subscription details (fwd)

This Aussie group looked interesting.
Vic

TO SAEd:

I took this on-line (free) course several years ago and it was quite good.
People active in rural development and extension education, and k-12
teaching, are always part of the group.

Regards,

Nancy GS

>_____  __  __________ Southern Cross University ________________
>      /  \
>     / /\ \
>____/ /_/  AREOL 8 __ action research and evaluation on line ___
>    \____/\_\
>
>  A free on line course in action research offered as a public
>  service by Southern Cross University

>Apologies for cross-posting
>
>Areol 8 commences shortly.  Conducted over four months or a
>little less, its 15 sessions (or thereabouts) will provide you
>with basic information about one form of action research.
>
>As with previous areol programs, the theme of areol 8 is the
>integration of effective change with rigorous research.  In
>some respects, it is a combination of the principles of
>community and organisational change with those for change-
>oriented qualitative research.
>
>Later sessions describe an action research approach to
>evaluation.
>
>The on-line sessions are supplemented by archived files on
>various aspects of action research and evaluation.
>
>Areol usually attracts a multi-disciplinary group of subscribers
>from many different nations and of vastly different levels of
>experience with action research.
>

>If you wish to subscribe to areol 8, please
>
>   A.  read the following description,
>
>   B.  then send answers to the questions (below)
>
>  (note:  if you were enrolled in areol 7 and have already
>   indicated your interest in doing areol 8 there is no
>   need to complete the form;  I'll use the details from
>   areol 7)

>A.  The commitment you are undertaking:
>

>By subscribing to areol 8 you are undertaking a commitment to:
>
> o   read the sessions
>
> o   take part in the accompanying discussion list each session
>
> o   help evaluate areol at about the middle of the program, and
>     again at the end
>
> o   agree to your posts on any of the areol lists being
>     analysed as part of an action research project
>
>If you have little time, you can take part in areol with a time
>commitment of about one hour a session (sessions are mailed
>about weekly):  20 minutes to read the weekly session;  20
>minutes to access the relevant archived resource files;  20
>minutes to take part in the accompanying discussion list.  (You
>can pare this back a little by being selective about the
>archived resources you read.)
>
>In addition, two evaluations of areol take about 15 minutes
>each.
>
>If you choose to join one of the learning groups, this will add
>about another 20 or 30 minutes each session to your commitment.
>
>(Evaluations of past areol programs suggest that this is quite a
>heavy commitment.  The sessions, each of about 7000 to 8000
>words, are mailed out weekly.)
>
>Beyond this, there are many further opportunities for
>involvement.  Most sessions describe relevant activities,
>suggest further reading, and identify archived files which
>expand on the material.

> [...]

***************************
Nancy Grudens-Schuck

Department of Education