Turning a pool into a pond

Hi - I'm not sure where I am or you are!  I'm new as you can probably tell!

I received all these emails for other people - but most I replied to were
returned.

So...

Can I post a message to ask about how to turn a backyard fibreglass pool into
a pond - with marron to act as scavengers - in Perth?

Also, I cannot clear what we have been told are "stickfast" on our chooks.
we had no problem for 8 years.  Then my wormwoods died and about 6 months later
infestation!  We have oiled + euc/oil + 1 dr pennyroyal which kill the tick
things immediately, and do not harm our birds.  As soon as we return the
birds to the chook run area - within 24 hours they are back.  The birds
become very rundown very quickly and we have neem oiled the run and rested
it and  - HELP!
They stick all around the eyes and combs etc and make them miserable.  They
lose condition very quickly.  We also need to reorganise our run - could the
local doves be bringing in the stickfast?

Many thanks

Jude
birch@nettrek.com.au