Re: Turning a pool into a pond

>Hi - I'm not sure where I am or you are!  I'm new as you can probably tell!
>
>I received all these emails for other people - but most I replied to were
>returned.
>
>So...
>
>Can I post a message to ask about how to turn a backyard fibreglass pool into
>a pond - with marron to act as scavengers - in Perth?

Yes and people can either offer you a course in Permaculture design which
should include Aquaculture or advise you how to do it.

Can anyone add any information about colloidal silver as a way of keeping
the water safe.
.
>Also, I cannot clear what we have been told are "stickfast" on our chooks.
>we had no problem for 8 years.  Then my wormwoods died and about 6 months
later
>infestation!  We have oiled + euc/oil + 1 dr pennyroyal which kill the tick
>things immediately, and do not harm our birds.  As soon as we return the
>birds to the chook run area - within 24 hours they are back.  The birds
>become very rundown very quickly and we have neem oiled the run and rested
>it and  - HELP!
>They stick all around the eyes and combs etc and make them miserable.  They
>lose condition very quickly.  We also need to reorganise our run - could the
>local doves be bringing in the stickfast?

One of the problems is sand can harbour fleas. A chook tractor with a perch
for the chooks (which you keep oiled ) sounds like a good idea. To rest the
run. Hang a piece of cloth soked in oil at the entrance to the chook nests,
which will keep the chooks head and eyes oiled.
Some fleas apparently have to get to the chooks mouth to get enough
moisture to live.

>Many thanks
>
>Jude
>birch@nettrek.com.au

Regards,
          Vic
--
Victor Guest   V.G.Guest                       Perth, Western Australia
victor.guest@eepo.com.au                 1 Annato Street Greenwood 6024