Re: hay for algal control

>From: Jack Rowe <jackrowe@compuserve.com>
>Subject: hay for algal control
>
>Jack Rowe here... I remember a reference to using hay or straw as an alga=
>control in ponds, but can't remember anything else about it. Do you know
>about this -- where it comes from, what kind of hay or straw, amounts, et=
>c?
>
>Thanks, =
>

>Jack

Jack the straw was Barley. I don't remember what it specifically
controlled. It was used in conjunction with Marron in a pond which had
high levels of phosphate.
If you need more information than this I'll ring my friend in the country.

>Thanks, =
>Jack

Regards,
          Vic
--
Victor Guest   V.G.Guest                       Perth, Western Australia
victor.guest@eepo.com.au                 1 Annato Street Greenwood 6024