Lurking (fwd)

From: "Margo Beilby" <margo@mail.wantree.com.au>
To: vic@daena.eepo.com.au

Any comments on how to activate lurkers in being involved would be
appreciated.

Regards,
          Vic

Maybe there would be less lurking if it was easier to post to the list.  The
other lists I belong to I just hit reply when anything interests me and
shoot something off.  I tried this with this list and got a letter back
saying "The following message was not accepted"

What I said was:
It seems to me that the list is too intellectual and serious.  The other
lists I'm on I turn to with anticipation but this list I often leave for
days and then I'm afraid I often don;t read all the stuff.  I was expecting
discussion on - I did this....  What do you do about that.......  How can
we..... etc.  I haven't got involved because on the level of the list I
haven't anything earth shaking to say.  Maybe if someone chucks in some
controversial or down right heretical it'll get people talking.  It
certainly worked on the Greens WA list.

How about one that has occurred to me from time to time.  Permaculturalists,
earth gardeners and alternative people should stop leaving the cities to
look for their little patch of heaven, leave the bush to look after itself
and start using all the wasted opportunities for real permaculture in cities
and towns.

Margo