Re: Lurking (fwd)

Hi

I would have to agree with Margo.  I, too, subscribed hoping for some
interesting discussions.  We live on half an acre on the outskirts of
Perth, and try to base our garden/life on permaculture principles. We're
just starting out and are very open to friendly advice.  I'm more
interested in ideas, what works/doesn't work for people, contacts etc.
Is this the right list for me?

Nic Sibanda

>From vic@daena.eepo.com.au Tue Feb 16 19:30:32 1999
>Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 06:05:30 WST
>Sender: perma@eepo.com.au
>From: Victor Guest <vic@daena.eepo.com.au>
>To: Permaculture WA <perma@eepo.com.au>
>Subject: Lurking (fwd)
>
>From: "Margo Beilby" <margo@mail.wantree.com.au>
>To: vic@daena.eepo.com.au
>
>Any comments on how to activate lurkers in being involved would be
>appreciated.
>
>Regards,
>          Vic
>
>Maybe there would be less lurking if it was easier to post to the list.
The
>other lists I belong to I just hit reply when anything interests me and
>shoot something off.  I tried this with this list and got a letter back
>saying "The following message was not accepted"
>
>What I said was:
>It seems to me that the list is too intellectual and serious.  The
other
>lists I'm on I turn to with anticipation but this list I often leave
for
>days and then I'm afraid I often don;t read all the stuff.  I was
expecting
>discussion on - I did this....  What do you do about that.......  How
can
>we..... etc.  I haven't got involved because on the level of the list I
>haven't anything earth shaking to say.  Maybe if someone chucks in some
>controversial or down right heretical it'll get people talking.  It
>certainly worked on the Greens WA list.
>
>How about one that has occurred to me from time to time.
Permaculturalists,