[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TH: Community Foresting

	03/05/95 08:30 BST

	Hello Tree-Housers

	I recently sent a letter to Richard ask for a definition of
	Community Foresting.

> Please forward your whole letter to TreeHouse, or I might.
> Richard < owner-tree-house@lists.umbc.edu >

	My text as sent to Richard:

[START]
        02/06/95 18:45 BST

        Hello Richard

In article <Pine.SGI.3.91.950530214849.18377E-100000@umbc9.umbc.edu> you write:

> The TREE-HOUSE Discussion List For Community Foresting
> is open to sub/urban horticultural groups, especially neighborhood
> tree-growers.
[...]

        I just wondered if it was possible to recive a definition of
        Community Foresting. I live in London UK and I am involved with
        a local grassroots project that involves the regeneration and
        care management of 0.5 hectares of woodland/scrub. The land is
        all thats left of an ancient woodland known now as Dot Hill but
        previously as Little High Grove Wood.

        The long term objectives are

        1. To create a mosaic of predominately native plant communities
           whilst still retaining many of the existing vegetational
           characteristics.

        2. To provide habitats and/or feeding areas for animals in
           particular birds, amphibians and small mammals.

        3. to provide a readily accessible educational resource for local
           schools and other individuals.

        The trees identified thus far are

        Hazel
        Hawthorn