Re: SMALLFARM-MG> Organic Produce

Sorry to post this to the list.
Could someone give me subscription info for the small farm mailing list?

Regarding organic certification: If the USDA organic certification
program thinks I will abide by their regulations and pay the local
non-smallfarm/smallorganicgrower-supporting greedy,
control-freak, profiteering, grant mongering certification non-profits
corporations they are out of their collective minds. They've done nothing
to help us small growers; and it appears to me that the USDA certifcation
program is there only to help large organic operations.

Support the fertile crescent concept, your local growers, local economies
and the communities in your region. Sal, as usual and Rich are on the
money with their comments.

I thought you'd be more supportive of small organic local growers, Eric
(Erorganic). As you well know the local NP bozos are still up to their
tricks. Anything happening on the local permaculture, smallfarm, market
gardening front is done by THE GROWERS THEMSELVES, the NC Cooperative
Extension Service and the NCDA marketing division and soil/plant/nematode
testing labs. North Carolina's first Sustainable Small Farming Curriculum
and Library has been started by local growers (and individuals in support
of local growers), the NC CES and Central Carolina Community College.

I think I'll label my produce Naturally Grown (w/o synthetic pesticides
and fertilizers).

Lawrence
 Lawrence F. London, Jr. - InterGarden
 Venaura Farm - Dragonfly Market Gardens