Re: SMALLFARM-MG> Organic Produce

At 05:13 PM 9/20/97 AST, Daniel D. Worley wrote:
>Sal,
>
> >  I already pay an inspector, I already pay a certifier,I all ready
> >pay the state of Ca. this is getting nuts.  How many pencil pushers do
> >organic farmers have to pay off just because they want to sell organic
>food
> >as organic.
>
>  I don't have an exact figure or formula Sal.  But I think maybe you
>might be able to estimate it using the following formula:  [Net farm
>income] * [1.1] = Approx. Tax due.
>

>--Dan in Sunny Puerto Rico--
>DAN.WORLEY@JUNO.COM  or
>dan_worley@compuserve.com

Dan I think you are wrong What I   understand is that if you make 5000 in
sells for selling organic the USDA get their 250 even before you pay bills.
 they are talking gross not net.  The USDA folks take their money off the
top and if you cannot afford to pay your bills that is just tough.... and
if you can not afford to pay these organic food Gestapo you are in deep do
do.   If you don't pay the extra tax you are not organic.