Re: SMALLFARM-MG> Organic Produce

Any word can and will be co-opted by vested interest INCLUDING
incongruent, opportunistic alternative lifestylers themselves once
established, just as the insiders dominating the use of established
words will attempt to suppress competition.  We're talking about the
creation of markets, and buyer consciousness is relatively low and
therefore label oriented.  All that can be done is be aware of the
issues, educate others and apply political pressure where possible.

--

Douglas M. Hinds, Director General
Centro para el Desarrollo Comunitario y Rural A.C. (CeDeCoR)