Re: Role of Factory Farms

The issue is quality of life, the importance of quality food in it and
at bottom, the meaning of quality in terms of being a contributing
member of the human race and for the matter, of the ecosystem.

Someone else is going to have to supply data, but having that will only
help defend your position against those already predisposed toward or
with vested interests in the point of view you state (factory farms).
You're going for the swing voters. Maybe family planning is part of your
argument.  And efficient agrocultural production is not necessarily
based on mass, highly mechanized, engery consuming monoculture that not
only ignores but destroys the biological basis of growing crops (and
everything else that grows, including you, me and everything else
alive).  Learn more about the type of agriculture that's best adapted
and more feasible through family farms - a selective, conscious,
biologically (GE is not bioligical, it's micro surgery) based
agriculture.  CSA fits into this picture too.  Bring life back to the
living - empower the people, not the corporate entities, personalize
food.  Etc.

--

Douglas M. Hinds, Director General
Centro para el Desarrollo Comunitario y Rural A.C. (CeDeCoR)