Caseous lymphadenitis

I have a question about a disease of sheep and goats.  Graze-l and
Sanet-mg are probably not the most appropriate forum for these
questions, but I do not know of any sheep lists.  If anyone can direct me
to a list that deals mainly in sheep or goats, I could send this question to
them (and wouldn't have to bother list members with questions outside of
the lists central theme and objectives).  Thanks.  My questions are
below:

    Does anyone have any experience with the use of vaccines to
"protect and control"  Corynebacterium pseudotuberculosis, the
causative organism for caseous lymphadenitis.  Is it effective?  What are
the responses if given to animals that already harbor the infection, but
have not expressed any external symptoms yet?  Does anyone know of
any scientific studies on this infection, and how long the organism
survives in the environment (especially in the soil).    Does anyone know
of a list that may know more about this type of question (a sheep or goat
list-server?).   I have had this disease in my flock once and had to sell off
everything at a loss.  I cleaned the barn down to the subsoil, cleaned the
barn, feeders, etc., etc. and kept the place empty for four months of a
hot Tennessee summer before restocking.  The only thing I could not
clean, of course, was the soil.  Now, one year after restocking, one of
my ewes has abscesses that sure seem to be CL (I have sent the
exudate out to be cultured, but I don't know what else it could be.)  Any
information will be greatly appreciated.

Barbara Rosensteel
Rockwood, TN