Urban Edible Landscapes

Hello Everyone,

I posted a request for info on Urban Edible Landscaping projects
(especially in the Northeast) a month or so ago, and I promised to post
the responses I got.  Mostly the responses were "yeah, I would like to
know about those projects, too!"

I was a bit surprised that I did not get any responses from more
programs around the country working on urban edible landscapes  (other
than the Boston one which I had already learned about).  Hopefully it
just means that they are not hooked up to the internet yet because they
are so busy planting trees and berry bushes!  Here is what I did
receive:

"I am not doing community-based edible landscaping, but I am working
with a lot of plants that can be used for it, and am in the process of
doing a book on ornamental plants with edible fruit/other.  To get an
idea of some of what I work with ( many more items will be in the
book) my website is:
 http://www.hevanet.com/lonrom
-Lon Rombough"
*******

"I am not presently involved with an edible landscape project; however,
this
has been an interest of mine for several years. Beginning this fall, I
will
be starting a SARE funded research project to establish some
infrastructure
to build community based food systems in three Indiana locations --
Indianapolis, Ft. Wayne and New Albany (Louisville KY area). Edible
landscapes hold great potential for local food production in a variety
of
urban settings and we will be exploring them.

I would appreciate any information that you have or receive from this
inquirey on this subject.

Best, Steve Bonney  (sbonney@iquest.net)"
*******

"Let us know if you want more info for your compilation.  Our web
address
is www.norn.org/earthworks/
-Bill Taylor (Earthworks)

[THIS IS THE COOL PROJECT IN BOSTON]"
*******

"One person who might know is Rani Jacobs who runs a company called
Urban
Family Farms here in LA. Her number is 310-280-0875 and e-mail is
ranij@aol.com

Take it easy

Andy Fisher
CFS Coalition"

thanks to everyone who responded!!

--
Leslie Pelch
Vermont Center for Geographic Information