Re: Organic Labeling and Certification - Looking for Resour

The ATTRA publication titled "Organic Certification" lists about
70 organizations that certify in the U.S..  The contacts are
organized by USDA-SARE region (West, North-Central, South,
Northeast).

It is located at http://www.attra.org

It also lists the status of legislation pertaining to organic
certification and labeling for 29 states.

LL - Labeling Law
OS - Legislated Organic Standards
RC - Required Compliance with Legislated Standards
SC - State Certification Program
AP -All Products Sold as Organic must be Certified

As a starting point, CCOF, NOFA, and the states of
Washington, Colorado, and Texas publish informative
guidelines.

Steve Diver
ATTRA

--