Re: GRAZE-L digest 165 (fwd)

vard vardson (jvworstell@juno.com)
Thu, 19 Dec 1996 08:18:33 EST

Andy,

Don't you think you are a little presumptuous to think not only that all
"Native American Peoples" have the same attitudes, but also that you know
what these attitudes are?

If you think a little longer about this, I'll bet you'll conclude that
the To'Ono Oodham
(what you may know as Papago--the Spanish name) and Hopi have attitudes
far different from the Sioux and Navaho. And none of them have reverence
for everything. Such an attitude is a construction of sentimental,
Romantic Northern Europeans such as Andy Richker.