Re: Whoa up there, Dan!

Daniel D. Worley (dan.worley@juno.com)
Fri, 20 Dec 1996 14:34:45 AST

On Thu, 19 Dec 1996 09:52:42 EST woodyw@juno.com (Woody Wodraska) writes:

>What's wrong with capitalism is that the blind pursuit of profit as
>the only good--what I call the corporate mentality--to the exclusion
>of other goods such as life, harmony with Nature, understanding, right
>livlihood, *requires* the application of linear/industrial thinking to
>living systems in agriculture, as I wrote earlier.

The point is that capitalism is not, does not have to be, "the blind
pursuit of profit as the only good...". True, there are those who use it
that way. But not all, nor even a majority, of business owners and
operators do.

Capitalism is a socio-economic system, not a living thing that consumes
everything in its path. It is not a perfect system. But it beats every
other system devised by man thus far.

--Dan in Sunny Puerto Rico--