Re: small scale ethanol production

Tom Abeles (tabeles@tmn.com)
Thu, 2 Jan 1997 11:03:23 -0500 (EST)

Rick

you are 25 years too late. The Myth of the existance of an energy and
economically efficient "small scale" FUEL alcohol facility died about then
after a very short but expensive life. Now if you want to put your ethanol
in a jug- well, I'm from Kentucky and that's another story <grin>.

If you want a good history of this effort, the fed has lottsa reporsts put
out at tax payer expenses- including plans by the best and the worst, buth
highest priced consultants- Just hop on over to your government document
depository- most land grant insitutions have one and go through their
collection.

The same holds for on farm biogas plants and the rest of the on farm
alternative energy materials- One thing the fed does is produce a lot of
reports with lottsa information. So a stop at your local government
docvuments depot and then to your local purveyor of quality brubon and you
should stay toasty warm and informed for the rest of the winter

cheers

tom abeles