re GE and 60 min.

sal schettino (sals@rain.org)
Fri, 03 Jan 1997 15:49:00 -0800

The GE people are the ones adding genes to life and should label if they
want to or not. They are changing life as we know it by taking genes from
anywhere and injecting them in our food supply and live stock. I think the
way it works is that the folks that add the stuff label . look at any
label. the people that add sugar say how much is sugar. Only organic
farmers have to label for not using something. If you are going to inject
DNA from who knows where you should let folks know and quit using the
people as white mice. Give them a choice. I don't care about what happen in
Vermont what is right is right. We have a right to know what they are doing
to our food and wild life. Did anyone see 60 min. last week and how this
guy (head of the FDA) after he gets aspertain or nutrasweet or whatever it
is approved he quits the FDA and goes and works for the company that makes
it. hummm Brain tumors anyone. I wonder if the companies that do GE had
many x employees working for the USDA when rBHT was first released and
started this GE avalanche. Anyone got the skinny on that one.