Re: TH: World's Only Golden Spruce has been felled, Please forward!

Re: World's Only Golden Spruce

My understanding is that somewhat successful cuttings from this tree done
in the early 1960's by MacMillan Bloedel in secret (to avoid massive
horticultural tourism to the original) have now come to light. Atleast 2
remain alive in the southern part of the province (many others died slowly,
including one in the backyard of Mr.  MacMillan. Hmmm,.. I guess maybe the
weather or soil conditions were different hundreds of miles south and
further inland.....)

Kevin McLaughlin
digital construct / Advisor
The Evergreen Foundation.... connecting people with nature
through the enhancement of healthy natural environments
in schools and communities across Canada.

Vancouver: 604.689.0766
Toronto: 416.596.1495

http://www.evergreen.ca