Re: TH: Spring Songs

 Tim -

 Thank you for your great story about the hedgerow that is being
 protected by the Flamborough Enclosure Act of 1765 (!) -- It
 is astonishing to think that such a decision could still be pre-
 serving a local greenspace more than 200 years after its inception.

 This should come as persuasive testimony to our readers on the
 power and ecological benefit of legal efforts like a land trust,
 or its myriad variants.  It is also a reiteration that some of
 our finest Community Forestry works are going to continue blooming
 *not* from the streets, but from the polls and courtrooms and
 legislatures.  Still further, this demonstrates dramatically how
 a successful local greening project should be a collaboration
 between folks of vastly different stripes.  Of course we need
 planters and jackhammerers, but perpetuity cannot be insured with-
 out commitments from enlightened lawyers, historians, business
 folks, architects, senior citizens, computer geeks and everyone else.
 (This, by the way, has always been the methodology of Tree-House) ...

 (un)subscribe Requests:
 Richard@Flora.Com
 Richard Tryzno Ellsberry | [http://flora.com] | Baltimore / USDA Zone 7

 Regards,