TH: Re: Early Spring in Baltimore ...

Hi all!

Speaking of early spring, I read that the peak for the Cherry blossoms in
D.C. is expected in early April.  Usually this is in mid April. I am
looking for woodland wildflower sprouts to judge spring by.  Last year I
spotted them on March 1st.  So far, no show yet.  Our red Maple bloomed on
March 14 last year, and our Serviceberry bloomed on April 16th. We also got
6 inches of snow on March 20th, yuk.  I remember that the Serviceberry buds
started expanding in early March, and I was worried that it would bloom too
early.  I also wrote down that on March 14th I could see the leaves inside
opening Viburnum trilobum (Cranberry Bush Viburnum) buds.  These didn't
leaf out until late April with no apparent damage.

At least its little signs like these that lets us know spring is on the
way!

{:-)} http://w3.one.net/~markws - The Backyard Forest

markws@one.net (Mark W Stephens) - Cincinnati, OH  Zone 5