Re: TH: Re: Early Spring in Baltimore ...

On Sun, 23 Feb 1997, Mark W Stephens wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> Speaking of early spring, I read that the peak for the Cherry blossoms in
> D.C. is expected in early April.  Usually this is in mid April.

I can't resist promoting another city's trees:

If people want to go a little further north for cherry blossoms (about 1-2
weeks later than the DC bloom is Newark, NJ's bloom.  Branch Brook Park in
the North Ward of Newark has more cherry trees than the Mall/Monument area
of DC.  Not that people shouldn't check out DC.  It is beautiful.

I must admit that I am hoping for just one good snow this year.  So far,
winter has disappointed me.

Lisa
NYC - Zone 6ish