Re: TH: fooling Mother Nature?

been forever selecting superior genotypes, it is known as adaptive
radiation.  If a selective clone is placed in a particular
envioronment,"i.e. natural forest",  it may indeed do very well.  Through
time though, that ecosystem will evolve and change dramatically.  The
generations of that clone may continue to do well, or may not.  It will
all depend on the slow progressive adaptibility of the organism.  It may
only remotely resemble the original.  If of the same genus, in the case of
most trees, they will inevitabley cross pollinate.  In almost all natural
conditions, adaptibility to change is the key.  The saying, "Nature's Way,
where only the fittest survive" really does carry here.  Charles Darwin
was right on the money!

Scott Golden
" Trees are the answer!"