Re: TH: fooling Mother Nature?

                                                              Tree-House
 Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 20:27:25 -0800
 From: Kevin@Evergreen.Ca
 FYI Our Vancouver paper carried a story today about "mad salmon disease",
salmon carrying the prion similar to that in mad cow disease. If true, I
wonder if it is related to farmed salmon being fed a beef / sheep by
product? We will likely never REALLY know.....

Thanks to J. Johnson for adding/correcting & filling in the gaps. My
understanding is that "mad cow disease" has a spirochete, too, and that it
was the effect of these on the skull/brain which gave the disease the
"spongiform" name. I wasn't too clear by your discription if that was the
case or not.

 Kevin McLaughlin