Re: TH: listing of big trees

 Post-To: Tree-House@Majordomo.Flora.Com (Community Forestry) ----------
 -------
 On Wed, 25 Jun 1997, Heather Lynn Govenor wrote:

> First of all, "treetown" sounds good to me.
>
> Secondly, where might i get a listing of the Big Trees and locations?  I saw
> the largest cypress in florida last month - very exciting!  I'll be planning a
> trip cross country next summer and would love to see as many as possible.
>
> Heather Govenor
> <govenorh@pilot.msu.edu>

 Great idea, Heather ! You are in luck because the biennial, ever-
 expanding Register Of Big Trees will appear in the Winter '97-98
 edition of the non-profit 'American Forests' magazine (Wash DC).

 You can find a few of the native champs on the Tree-House WWW-site
 at: http://Flora.Com/tree/ustates/ustates.shtml -- also check out our
 fancy new table of official state tree, bird & flower species at:

 http://Flora.Com/tree/ustates/

 And while you're planning to be away from home, make sure you can
 still access your email :) ...

 Richard@Flora.Com
 Richard Tryzno Ellsberry  |   Flora's Garden   |  Baltimore USDA Zone 7