Tt: Award $$$

 Date: Sun, 26 Oct 1997 10:43:20 -0700
 To: Treetown@majordomo.flora.com
 From: Mary Bedard <mlbedard@ucdavis.edu>

Here is another forwarded message regarding an award program (read $$$),
which might include urban forestry projects.
Please let me know if my forwarding this type of information is
inappropriate to this list.

It's sunny and in the 70's in California's Central Valley, and my
pecan-in-a-tub is turning ruby red!

Cheers,
Mary

>design journal Places and the Environmental Design Research Association. This
>message explains the eligibility criteria and how to enter. There is an
>application form at the end of the message. If you would like us to send you
>our brochure, which includes the same information, please let us know by
>return email.

>Awards for Place Design and Place Research
>
>Call for Entries
>
>The Environmental Design Research Association (EDRA) and the journal Places
>announce an award program that will recognize the best in environmental
>design research and practice today and highlight the relationship between
>place-based research and design.
>
>There are two award categories. Place Research awards recognize projects that
>investigate the relationship between physical form and human behavior or
>experience. Place Design awards recognize completed projects that demonstrate
>excellence as human environments. Up to three projects in each category will
>be selected for recognition.
>
>Anybody can submit a nomination. We encourage nominations from designers,
>scholars, researchers, public officials and citizens; and especially from
>fields like architecture, urban design, landscape architecture, planning,
>interior design, lighting design, graphic design, environmental psychology,
>sociology, anthropology and geography. There is no limit to the location of
>research or design projects. Projects must have been completed within the
>last five years. Projects that have already been published can be nominated.
>
>Winners will be announced and awards will be presented at EDRA's March, 1998,
>conference in St. Louis. Winning entries will be published in the summer,
>1998, issue of Places.
>
>JURY
>
>Gary Hack, Dean, School of Design, University of Pennsylvania; Lawrence
>Halprin, landscape architect; Donlyn Lyndon, FAIA, Editor of Places and
>Chair, Department of Architecture, University of California, Berkeley; Clare
>Cooper Marcus, Professor of Landscape Architecture, University of California,
>Berkeley; Samina Quraeshi, Shephard Quraeshi, Cambridge, Ma.
>
>SCHEDULE
>
>All entries must be received in the EDRA offices by November 14, 1997.
>
>SPONSORS
>
>EDRA is a national organization of design professionals, social scientists
>and scholars. Its conferences and publications explore the relationship
>between people and their physical surroundings, suggesting how environmental
>design can be more responsive to human needs.
>
>Places, a Forum of Environmental Design, is an internationally-circulated
>journal that covers architecture, landscape architecture, city design and
>environmental art. It is sponsored by Pratt Institute and the College of
>Environmental Design at the University of California, Berkeley.
>
>This program is supported by funding from The Graham Foundation.

> [...]

Mary Bedard
Landscape Architecture Program
152 Walker Hall
University of California