Tt: Urban forestry research priorities and institutional arrangements (fwd)

 Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 17:16:46 -0500
 From: Guido Kuchelmeister <G_Kuchelmeister@compuserve.com>
 To: Urban-Forestry List <urban-forestry@dainet.de> (Germany)
 Dear subscribers,

Currently I am preparing a note for the  European Tropical Forestry Network
News on   "Urban forestry research priority setting methods in tropical
forestry".  In this context I would be pleased to learn about approaches
and methods used in setting urban forestry research priorities worldwide.

I also plan to review the  EMERGING INSTITUTIONAL ARRANGEMENTS FOR URBAN
FORESTRY  RESEARCH.  Topics to be covered include:

1. National urban forestry research systems and priorities
- Mechanism to develop urban forestry research agenda and system of
research

2. New institutional arrangements in urban forestry research
-  Urban forestry research in a changing environment:  Reactions of the
research community to emerging research priorities, funding pressures and
institutional changes.
- The effects of new collaborative arrangements on research activities  and
 the results so far.

3. Private sector research - Comparative advantages of the  private sector
- The experience of individual agencies

4. Public sector research - Opportunities and constraints

5. Promising research partnership
- What are lessons learned from  partnership arrangements and
collaboration?
- What are the incentives for developing partnerships and  effective
research collaboration? What are policy and institutional issues in forming
sustainable partnerships in local, national and international urban
forestry research.

Thank you for your cooperation

Guido Kuchelmeister, Coordinator
TREE CITY  - URBAN FORESTRY & ARBORICULTURAL PROGRAM
* The Initiative for urban green in low-income communities
Office Illertissen: (Coordinator) Graf-Kirchberg-Strasse 26 89257
Illertissen, Germany Tel. +49-7303-43776  Fax: +49-7303-42114
Email:100441.3577 @Compuserve.com  URL:
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/G_Kuchelmeister