TT: Another Introduction

     Dear Fellow Tree-Towners,

     I guess I'll take the plunge and introduce myself, too.  I am a
     graduate from the University of Missouri-Columbia currently working in
     Mississippi for International Paper.  My BSF was in forest management
     with an emphasis on natural and human ecology.  My as-yet-uncompleted
     Masters is in forest ecology and management/silviculture.  I've been
     in Mississippi for 4 months, (lurking the entire time) working as an
     Associate Forester (read: 'in training').

     My attraction to trees, forestry, and nature is primarily emotional
     and philosophical.  I try to balance that with a healthy dose of
     realism and scientific logic.  It's not always easy and sometimes just
     plain confusing but I try anyway.  :)

     Two additional comments:

     I am also subscribed to the Society of American Foresters discussion
     list.  While usually interesting, the discussion is often tense,
     political, and sometimes ugly.  The Tree Town list is my solace and
     comfort.  I thank each and every one of you for your commitment to and
     love of trees and people.

     And finally, as I'm new to Mississippi and the South in general, I'm
     trying to learn more about the natural history of my new home.  I am
     looking for books, web sites, journals, etc., that discuss landtypes,
     flora, and/or ecosystems.  So far all my searches have failed.  Any
     suggestions?

     Thanks so much!

        Thara Baker-Alley