Re: TT: Re: American Mistletoe

 To Tom Kimmerer -

TreeTown is forever grateful for our real tree pros sharing their
expertise with the rest of us, thanks again.

I'm a bit shook up tonight because a dear friend of mine was in
a serious car wreck today.  But she'll get through it just fine.

It's interesting that we think of our higher flora and fauna (mammals
for example) as not qualified to be 'parasites.'  Mistletoe is
probably a woody shrub -- and yet it lives off of trees.  Tom,
your comments add to how fascinating this is, and how folks thinking
about such things ultimately enriches our, well, thinking ...

Nature's deep intricacies play such a vital role in human folklore,
our culture, arts, religion.  Maybe TreeTown needs a little Mistletoe.

 Richard