TT: Significance of individual trees

Hi TreeTowners!
I am copying to this list a couple of posts that came through the LARCH-L
(Landscape Architecture) list today.  There is ongoing discussion about
important specimen trees, as a response to the first post I've inluded, a
request for information.
Archived posts can be found at
        http://www.clr.toronto.edu/ARCHIVES/HMAIL/

(I'm sorry about the odd puntuation marks in the copies -- why does that
happen in some mailages?)

Cheers,
Mary