Re: GBlist: Free service--every day

Robert Seelig (rseelig@ibm.net)
Tue, 18 Feb 1997 14:27:44 -0700

Russ Smith wrote:

> There has been a great deal said on this subject for the last several
> days and I must put in my two cents. (for free)
>
> As a manufacture dealing with retrofit HVAC/R technologies for improving
> the efficiency and IAQ of existing buildings we find that we MUST work
> for the "Prospect" before we can hope that he will become a "Customer".
>
> When we have done our work well, the "Prospect" will become a "Customer"
> and then we will be paid.
>
> >From our end of this green building business, the best form of payment
> is when our project is complete the customer tells his friends that we
> helped him solve his problem, reduced his cost of operation and made his
> building a better more efficient place to work.
>
> Russ
> http://www.hysave.com
I appreciate your comments. As a newbie to this list I was hazed by one
member of the list for asking questions and wondering whether there
were experienced and friendly folks here to brainstorm solutions. I
never in my wildest fantasies thought that I would substitute comments
here for the advice of professional consultants and engineers. I
thought this list was like a conversation among like minded
green-building green conscious folks.

I do want to emphasize that while I was hazed by one member of the list
for asking what he thought was asking for free technical advice, several
other people responded graciously and shared their knowledge with me. I
thank you for your help. I'm happy that I found the list and that the
list exists for the free exchange of ideas.

Robert Seelig
Moab, Utah