Re: GBlist: Arcosanti

Keith Robertson (ag140@chebucto.ns.ca)
Fri, 28 Feb 1997 22:58:36 -0400

On Fri, 28 Feb 1997, Polly Sattler wrote:

> Hello: I am trying to find out more about a place called Arco Santi
> which has been connected with the name Paolo Soleri. Is this the right
> place? thanks Polly Sattler

Arcosanti is a funky little community near Cordes Junction Arizona. It
is Soleri's vision (in progress for some 27 years now) of a community
that would embrace his concerns with today's urban environment. I have
been there and and found it to be quite interesting as a project but I
question its success as a 'community'. I would be interested in hearing
other views about it.

Keith Robertson M.Arch.
Halifax, Nova Scotia