GBlist: embodied energy of steel vs aluminum

Jorg Ostrowski (ash@freenet.calgary.ab.ca)
Sun, 16 Mar 1997 08:38:39 -0700 (MST)

John: Further to your request of below re:the above, I think the EE of
aluminum is about 200 MJ/Kg vs. steel at about 100 MJ/Kg., if I remember
correctly.
Jorg Ostrowski, M. Arch. A.S. (MIT), B. Arch. (Toronto), Ecotect
- in full-time professional practice since 1976 (Straw Bale since 1978),
doing environmental/architectural design, ecological planning consulting
on sustainable buildings/communities. Lectures, seminars, workshops.
3 demonstration projects in Canada, 3 built,+80,000 visitors
- living a conserver lifestyle & working in a sustainable home and office
ACE, ARE, ACT, ASH-Incs., Phone: (403) 239-1882, Fax: (403) 547-2671
Web Site [under construction]: http://www.ucalgary.ca/~jdo/ecotecture.htm