GBlist: Re: HVAC PROJECT

Lowell Prag (aj574@detroit.freenet.org)
Tue, 18 Mar 1997 16:29:13 -0500

>KristenTotty wrote:
>>
>> Hi. My name is Kristen Totty and I am a senior in electrical engineering
>> at Virginia Tech in Blacksburg, VA. I found your email address on the
>> Web while searching for some information on a project that I am doing for
>> my alternate energy systems class. I was wondering if you know of anyone
>> that could help me to find information on cooling corporate buildings by
>> using solar power as an alternate means of power. I have asked some
>> companies dealing with HVAC systems for help, but have not had much luck
>> because the comanies that I have asked did not do anything like that. I
>> am not sure if you are the person I should be asking, but right now I am
>> trying anyone I can. I am sorry to bother you, but if you could help me
>> out I would very much appreciate it!! Thank you,
>> Kristen Totty
>> 1211 I University Terrace
>> Blacksburg, VA 24060
>> (540)961-0435
>> ktotty@vt.edu

-----------------

Do you mean using solar to create electricity through pv panels to run air
conditioning or rather, using solar to directly run air conditioning?

If the former, there is much information available on pv panels.

If the latter, there is a process using bromine to air condition. One of
few companies making the units is Sanyo and in fact, the roof of their
factory in Japan is covered with the units.

--
   From:   Lowell Prag
   Email:  aj574@detroit.freenet.org