GBlist: Web site for new book

Maril@aol.com
Fri, 28 Mar 1997 10:26:20 -0500 (EST)

Green building list members,

This is to inform you of a new web site that provides excerpts and background
data from the new book, Toxic Deception: How the Chemical Industry
Manipulates Science, Bends the Law, and Endangers Your Health.

http://www.essential.org/cpi/studies/toxic/index.html

On Feb. 17 in The New York Times, columnist Bob Herbert described the book as
"the story of the triumph of a special interest over the public interest."
The reason I thought green building list members might be interested is the
book traces the lobbying and regulatory history of the chemical,
formaldehyde--discussion of this chemical and the search for alternatives is
certainly a recurring theme on the list. The book also cites the work of John
and Linda Bower and Nadav Malin at Environmental Building News was one of the
excellent sources I interviewed.

My co-author, Dan Fagin of Newsday, and I would love to hear your comments,
questions, criticisms or suggestions on our book and (still evolving) web
site.

Marianne Lavelle, co-author
Toxic Deception

for those who need html coding to make the jump:
<A
HREF="http://www.essential.org/cpi/studies/toxic/index.html">http://www.essent
ial.org/cpi/studies/toxic/index.html</A>